IFAPP Academy Program Information and Application
What is the IFAPP Academy-King’s College London, Medical Affairs in Medicines Development, Certification Program?
The program is a unique partnership between academia, industry, and professional associations aimed to foster competencies and improving performance in medical affairs and medicines development. It is anchored by a strategic collaboration between IFAPP (International Federation of Associations of Pharmaceutical Physicians and Pharmaceutical Medicine) and King’s College London, one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities based in the heart of London.
This modular program is offered through the IFAPP Academy’s state-of-the-art online classroom. Students successfully completing the course will receive a Certificate granted by King’s College London and IFAPP Academy and a Professional Certification granted by IFAPP and the IFAPP Academy. The use of post-nominal letters (CMD) to attest certification will be awarded.
” I encourage all medical affairs professionals to enroll in this wonderful journey that will enrich your knowledge and advance your career. “Maribel Tribaldos, PhD, CMD, Medical Director, Sanofi Pasteur
How the Medical affairs in medicines development Certification Program works:
To earn a Medical Affairs in Medicines Development Certificate, you must successfully complete and pass 6 Modules made up of 10 lessons each and an End of Program Assessment.
|2 Lessons per Week =||4-7 hours per week · Online Lecture · Post Lecture Assignments · Discussion Forum Participation · Examinations|
|10 Lessons =||1 Module|
|6 Modules (60 lessons) + End of Program Assessment (EPA) = Certified in Medicines Development (CMD)|
How much time should I plan to invest?
You will need to be self-directed, self-motivated, and well-organized in your studies and in completing your coursework. The Professional Certification Program requires approximately:
4-7 hours per week
40-70 hours per Module
240-420 hours to become a Certified Medicines Development (CMD) Professional
Every learner is different, but each week you can anticipate spending the following approximate time in your studies. (These estimates include the time you’ll spend preparing for and completing the examination at the end of each Module).
- Completion of Online Lectures: 2 one-hour lectures per week. Students are free to view lectures at their convenience. Two lectures are released each week for five weeks. For full credit, students must complete 10 lectures during the six-week period dedicated to that Module (2 hours).
- Post-Lecture Assignments: Following the lectures, students will engage in forum discussions and other learning activities to reinforce and expand on each week’s topic. In some cases, students will also be required to pass an assessment. Contributions to the Discussion Forum are graded (1-2 hours).
- Webinar/Tutorials with Live Participation: The Webinars must be attended during specified dates and times. Weekly Announcements will be emailed to students with the required dates and times. Participation in the webinars will be assessed (1 hour).
- Optional additional materials for select lessons
- Each Module will finish with a 30-question multiple-choice exam. After the 6 modules have been passed students will be required to participate in the End of Program Assessment which is made up of 3 Essay Questions.
If you’re a medical affairs or biomedical professional responsible for creating strategies, communicating, and generating value in the medicines development process aiming to improve patient outcomes and leveraged healthcare, then this certification is the right choice for you.
- Graduate/postgraduate education in biomedical sciences
- At least one-year experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Willingness to grow in the Medical Affairs function
- Proven command of the English language
- Able to spend 4-7 h weekly for home study related to each lecture
- Able to participate in synchronous webinars (4 per module – 6 Modules total per year)
IFAPP Academy/King’s College London, Medical Affairs in Medicines Development, Certification Program 2021 Base Program Fee Scale: $8,600 – $9,600 USD
To provide educational opportunities to students in a wide variety of countries with varying economic statuses, the Academy determines tuition fees based on several factors, including Sponsorship status (i.e. whether your tuition will be paid for by your company).
- Self-paid students 2021 Base Program Fee: $8,600^ (full and partial scholarships available*)
- Sponsored students: Companies interested in sponsoring employees to attend the Program should email IFAPP Academy at email@example.com for information on group pricing.
*Full and Partial Scholarships
The Academy offers partial scholarships to students who are self-paying and that require financial assistance to attend the Program, employees of regulatory agencies, and those belonging to national member associations (NMAs) of IFAPP. To be considered for a partial scholarship, applicants should complete the associated fields in the application form.
IFAPP Academy is committed to supporting diversity and opportunity in medical affairs and medicines development. Students that are self-paying, and are challenged to afford the full tuition fee^ (as shown above) can request consideration to receive a full (limited to two awardees per academic year) or partial scholarship to attend the Program. Scholarships are awarded at the sole discretion of IFAPP Academy. Applicants who would like to be considered for one of these opportunities should complete the appropriate section of the Academy’s online application.
Questions? Or for more information please email IFAPP Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org