IFAPP Academy Program information and 2020 application
What is the IFAPP Academy-King’s College London, Medical Affairs in Medicines Development, Certification Program?
The program is a unique partnership between academia, industry, and professional associations aimed to foster competencies and improving performance in medical affairs and medicines development. It is anchored by a strategic collaboration between IFAPP (International Federation of Associations of Pharmaceutical Physicians and Pharmaceutical Medicine) and King’s College London, one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities based in the heart of London.
This modular program is offered through the IFAPP Academy’s state-of-the-art online classroom. Students successfully completing the course will receive a Certificate granted by King’s College London and IFAPP Academy and a Professional Certification granted by IFAPP and the IFAPP Academy. The use of post-nominal letters (CMD) to attest certification will be awarded.
” I encourage all medical affairs professionals to enroll in this wonderful journey that will enrich your knowledge and advance your career. “
Maribel Tribaldos, PhD, CMD, Medical Director, Sanofi Pasteur
How the Medical affairs in medicines development Certification Program works:
To earn a Medical Affairs in Medicines Development Certificate, you must successfully complete and pass 6 Modules made up of 10 lessons each and an End of Program Assessment.
|2 Lessons per Week =||4-7 hours per week
· Online Lecture
· Post Lecture Assignments
· Discussion Forum Participation
|10 Lessons =||1 Module|
|6 Modules (60 lessons) + End of Program Assessment (EPA) = Certified in Medicines Development (CMD)|
How much time should I plan to invest?
You will need to be self-directed, self-motivated, and well-organized in your studies and in completing your coursework. The Professional Certification Program requires approximately:
4-7 hours per week
40-70 hours per Module
240-420 hours for the IFAPP Medical Affairs in Medicines Development Certificate
Every learner is different, but each week you can anticipate spending the following approximate time in your studies. (These estimates include the time you’ll spend preparing for and completing the examination at the end of each Module).
- Completion of Online Lectures (Asynchronous): 2 one-hour lectures per week. Students are free to view lectures at their convenience. Two lectures are released each week for five weeks. For full credit, students must complete 10 lectures during the six-week period dedicated to that Module (2 hours).
- Post-Lecture Assignments: Following the lectures, you will engage in forum discussions and other learning activities to reinforce and expand on each week’s topic. In some cases, you will also be required to pass an assessment. Your contributions to the Discussion Forum will be assessed (1-2 hours).
- Webinar/Tutorials with Live Participation: (Synchronous): The Webinars must be attended during specified dates and times. Please check your Classroom Calendar and Weekly Announcements to make note of the required dates and times. Your participation in the webinars will be assessed (1 hour).
- Optional additional materials for select lessons
- Each Module will finish with a 30-question multiple choice exam. After all modules have been completed/passed students will be required to participate in the End of Program Assessment which is made up of 3 Essay Questions.
If you’re a medical affairs or biomedical professional responsible for creating strategies, communicating, and generating value in the medicines development process aiming to improve patient outcomes and leveraged healthcare, then this certification is the right choice for you.
- Graduate/postgraduate education in biomedical sciences
- At least one-year experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Willingness to grow in the Medical Affairs function
- Proven command of the English language
- Able to spend 4-7 h weekly for home study related to each lecture
- Able to participate in synchronous webinars (4 per module – 6 Modules total per year)
Companies interested in sponsoring employees to attend the Program should email the IFAPP Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To provide educational opportunities to students in a wide variety of countries with varying economic statuses, the Academy determines tuition fees based on several factors, including Sponsorship status (i.e. whether your tuition will be paid for by your company); if you are self-paying, then the cost is based on the country’s GDP where you are employed.
IFAPP Academy/Kings College London Certification 2020 Base Program Fee: $8,600 – $9,600 USD (full and partial scholarships available)
Full and Partial Scholarships*
The Academy offers partial scholarships to students who are self-paying and that require financial assistance to attend the Program, employees of regulatory agencies, and those belonging to national member associations (NMAs) of IFAPP. To be considered for a partial scholarship, applicants should complete the associated fields in the application form.
The IFAPP Academy is proud to offer two fully paid scholarships to be awarded for the 2020 Academic year. Applicants who would like to be considered for one of these should complete the appropriate section of the application.
*All full and partial scholarships have been awarded for the 2020 Academic Year. If you would like to be considered for a full or partial scholarship for the 2021 Academic Year, please sign up for the IFAPP Academy’s Newsletter to be notified of the application opening dates, deadlines, and guidelines.
Questions? Or for more information please email IFAPP Academy at email@example.com
ifapp academy applications
The 2020 application deadline for full and partial scholarships has passed. Only self-paying applicants paying the full tuition fee of $8600 will be considered until December 31st.
Are you being sponsored by your employer for 2020? We are still accepting late applications for sponsored students. Complete the below application before December 31st to ensure your seat!
Those interested in applying, for the Medical Affairs in Medicines Development Certification Program, for the 2021 Cohort should sign up for the IFAPP Academy’s Newsletter to be notified of the date for application availibility, deadlines, and other important information.